Veggie Pastrami, Asparagus and Goats Cheese Parcels
Salty and herby little parcels of joy that are perfect for devouring in the Spring and Summer...say hello to these delicious Veggie Pastrami, Asparagus and Goats Cheese Puff Pastry Parcels!
- 150g asparagus
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 12 slices of Squeaky Bean Pastrami
- 320g puff pastry (I use JusRol's ready-made puff pastry)
- 150g goats cheese, sliced into rings
- Sun-dried Tomato Pesto, Fresh Basil Leaves
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / Fan Setting 180°C / 395°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Place the asparagus in a baking tray. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, wholegrain mustard, garlic, dried thyme and apple-cider vinegar nd season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over 90% of the dressing over the asparagus and make sure everything is coated, and then place the baking tray in the oven to roast for 10 minutes.
- On a chopping board, cut the sheet of puff pastry into 6 squares. Place two slices of pastrami along the middle of each square (from one corner to another) and then layer with the asparagus. Gently place two rings of the goats cheese in the middle of the square, and then fold up the other 'spare' corners of the pastry square over the goats cheese. (You may need to press the pastry corners together slightly just to make sure they properly stick together!)
- Gently wash the tops of the parcels with the remaining dressing, and then place them in the oven to bake for 20 minutes or so, or until the pastry has turned a beautiful golden brown colour.
- These parcels are best served warm, and are extra delicious served with some sundried tomato pesto, fresh basil leaves and a fresh rocket salad, but serve them however you wish.