Sundried Tomato, Feta and Pine Nut Savoury Cake
A savoury cake you say? Think of a deliciously moist and fluffy bread, filled with salty crumbly feta cheese, juicy and sweet sundried tomatoes and earthy pine nuts - it's a fantastic snack to have instead of that slice of chocolate cake!!
- 150g plain flour
- 150g wholemeal flour
- 15g baking powder
- 50g pine nuts
- 100g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 150g feta cheese, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 100ml sundried tomato oil (or olive oil)
- 100ml almond milk (or any other milk you prefer)
- 50g greek yoghurt
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / Fan Setting 170°C / 356°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Line a loaf tin (approximately 500g) with baking paper and leave aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the plain flour, wholemeal flour, baking powder, the sundried tomatoes, pine nuts and feta cheese until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, or a food processor, whisk the eggs until they are thick and pale in colour. Then gradually mix in the milk, sundried tomato oil and yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the floured mixture into the egg mixture until everything is combined (remember, it is better to undermine here if you can!) and pour the bater in the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake the savoury cake for 35-40 minutes until the cake has risen turned slightly golden brown and a skewer inserted in the thickest part comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then slice up and enjoy.