Smoky Pepper, Black Bean and Halloumi Burritos
One (large) mouthful of this brilliant burrito will give you smokiness, chewiness, creaminess and gently heat all in one go. And it's also ready to eat in less than 20 minutes. What's not to like?
- 200g black beans
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 75g vegan pepperoni, chopped into cubes
- 5 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic granules
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp smoked salt flakes
- 2 small peppers, chopped into strips
- 300g halloumi, chopped into strips
- 3 tortilla wraps
- 3 handfuls of salad leaves
- 6 tbsp hummus (I love 'Sabra's Extra Hummus' as it's super creamy)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2-3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- On a large baking tray, lay out the slices of pepper and sprinkle over 3 tbsp of the smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with some olive oil, and place in the oven to roast for 15 minutes, or until slightly charred.
- Place the halloumi strips on a separate baking tray and place in the oven to cook for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan or wok, gently sauté the spring onions in a tbsp of the olive oil and then add in the vegan pepperoni. After a couple of minutes add in the black beans, the remaining smoked paprika, garlic granules, coriander seeds, dried oregano, ground cumin, cayenne pepper and salt flakes and give everything a good mix. Gently cook over amedium heat for 10 minutes until the pepperoni is smoky and the beans are hot and fully cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the hummus down the middle of a tortilla wrap and top with a handful of the salad leaves. Place over the halloumi strips, spoonfuls of the smoky bean mixture, roasted peppers and the mashed avocado and drizzle with as much sweet chilli sauce as you would like. Finish with a small drizzle of the lime juice and you're good to go.