Baked Chicken, Spinach and Feta Enchiladas
Think smoky enchiladas filled chunks of veggie chicken, a wickedly addictive tomato sauce and the saltiness of the feta cheese all in one big bite. They're good, really good!
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 300g passata
- 400g tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 150g feta
- 200g veggie chicken, cut into pieces
- 200g fresh spinach
- 20g cheddar
- 20g Red Leicester cheese
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 200g creme fraiche
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Extra: salt, pepper, fresh basil leaves for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / Fan Setting 170°C / 356°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Cook the veggie chicken according to the package instructions and leave to cool on the side afterwards.
- In a large wok-styled pan or saucepan, saute the chopped onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil until the onion has softened. Add in the halved cherry tomatoes, smoked paprika and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further five minutes.
- Add in the tinned cherry tomatoes, the passata and a little extra seasoning of salt and pepper and leave to simmer over a medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Take out three ladlefuls of this mixture and leave to the side, and then mix in the chopped veggie chicken pieces, crumble in the feta cheese and mix in the fresh spinach, leaving the mixture afterwards to allow the spinach to wilt slightly.
- In your large baking dish, spoon over the tomato sauce mixture that was left to the side, making sure it is evenly spread.
- Spoon roughly two-three large tablespoons of the enchilada mixture onto the middle of each tortilla wrap. Roll the tortilla wraps up and place them in the baking dish.
- Gently spoon over the creme fraiche onto the tops of each wrap, making sure that all of the bread is evenly covered. Sprinkle over the cheddar and Red Leicester cheese and place in the oven to bake for 30-45minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve immediately, particularly with a couple of fresh basil leaves and an extra sprinkling of pepper.