Apple, Raisin and Cinnamon Chia Pots
The perfect breakfast for someone on the go, these pots are filled with the flavours of autumn and winter and are filling, wholesome and nutritious, and will satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time!
- 1 apple, chopped into cubes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 30g chia seeds
- 20g oats
- 200-300ml almond milk (or any other milk you prefer)
- 10g mixed seeds (I use pumpkin and sunflower seeds mixed together)
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- In a small saucepan, cook the cubed apple and maple syrup together over a medium heat until the apple softens and the maple syrup caramelises slightly over the apple (this should only take 5-10 minutes).
- In a small bowl, mix together the chia seeds, the oats, the milk, ground cinnamon and the honey until everything is combined and place in the fridge for 5 minutes. The mixture should start out as being quite runny, but this will thicken in the fridge, so use as much milk as you need to.
- Once the chia and oat mix has thickened, give everything another good mix and place the greek style yoghurt on top. Sprinkle the seeds, raisins and apple cubes on top, along with a slight extra dusting of cinnamon and a drizzle of the almond butter and you're good to go.